Thursday 16 June 2011

Bye-bye Karmic

I'm embarrassed to acknowledge that this announcement passed without any comment from me - Karmic 9.10 is no longer supported as of 01 May 2011.

"Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) end-of-life reached on April 30, 2011.

The support period for Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) formally ended on May 1, 2011. Ubuntu Security Notices no longer include information or updated packages for Ubuntu 9.10.

More information can be found at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2011-May/000148.html"

Source: Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 220

Although I left Karmic behind a while back, it was this release that really got me hooked on the Ubuntu operating system so it's with a little sadness that I note its passing.

Sources & References:

No comments:

Post a Comment