Thursday 11 November 2010

Follow the KISS Principle

Sometimes I'm so busy trying to be clever I don't bother to try the simple solutions!

You may recall that earlier this week I suggested that bookmarking my NAS device in Nautilus rather than mounting it as a permanent share meant that, among other things, I couldn't view thumbnails in the file browser. This is of course just wrong!As always, Linux makes viewing thumbnails on remote drives simple but doesn't make it the default behaviour.

To change your settings:
  1. Open Nautilus from the Places menu on your Panel
  2. Click on Edit and then select Preferences
  3. Select the Preview tab and, under the Show Thumbnails: option (in the Other Previewable Files section), select "Always"
As is often the case, the simple solution is often the best choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment